Colorectal surgery is a field in medicine dealing with disorders of the rectum, anus, and colon.
The colorectal surgery at Addis Hiwot Hospital is renowned for its highest level of care in diagnosis and treatment surgical care and post-operative management of complex colorectal disorders affecting the intestines, rectum and anus. The teams of specialists are among the finest faculty in the country and are committed to delivering care based on the latest evidence based surgical and medical techniques.
Some procedures done in our hospital include:
- cancer of the colon and rectum (colorectal cancer)
- varicosities or swelling, and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus (hemorrhoids)
- unnatural cracks or tears in the anus (anal fissures)
- abnormal connections or passageways between the rectum or other anorectal area to the skin surface (fistulas)
- anal cancer
- fecal incontinence
- severe constipation conditions
- protrusion of the walls of the rectum through the anus (rectal prolapse)
- treatment of severe colic disorders
- repositioning of the rectal area if fallen out
any injuries to the anus