Pediatric surgery is a subspecialty of surgery involving the surgery of neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. At AHH we provide comprehensive surgical care for infants, children and adolescents with congenital and acquired conditions, including major congenital anomalies, traumatic injuries, and tumors.
Some services include:
- congenital malformations: lymphangioma, esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschsprung’s disease, imperforate anus, undescended testes, intestinal malrotation
- abdominal wall defects: omphalocele, gastroschisis, hernias
- chest wall deformities: pectus excavatum
- childhood tumors: like neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, ATRT (Atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor), liver tumors, teratomas, kidney tumors:
- Separation of conjoined twins
In addition, our pediatric surgeons we also do circumcisions with the Mogen circumcision clamp and also the PlastiBell circumcision device.
We are determined to provide the best pediatric care available with the best pediatric surgeons in Ethiopia.